When it comes to the meat of the meal, you need to know what you’re doing. If you’re building a meal around a rib-eye steak, then it pays to perfect the art of cooking it. Here, we’re going to look at how to make the best of our halal steak, step by step. You’ll be making even more sumptuous meals than your local steakhouse in no time.
- You should buy halal rib-eye steak online to the right specifications, first and foremost. Aim for 1 ¼ to 1 ½-inch bone-in steaks first and foremost.
- Put your steak on a sheet pan and season as you want, patting it into the meat so it cooks in better. Beyond a little powdered seasoning, rosemary makes for a great herb to bring out a more aromatic taste.
- Cover your halal steak and place it in the fridge for around an hour or so. Let it rest for 30 minutes, reaching room temperature before cooking it. If you can’t cool it, keeping it out for 30 minutes is still essential.
- Place your empty skillet over a medium heat, getting it ready with a combination of both butter and olive. Lightly tilt the skillet to make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed across the whole skillet.
- Gently place your steak on the hot skillet and start to cook the bottom. It should turn dark brown with a caramelised glaze look in around five minutes. Turn the steak over and cook for the same time, resulting in the perfect medium rare steak.
There you have it. Simply take the steak off the skillet, carve out of the bone, and serve the perfect medium rare rib-eye steak. It all starts with having the right quality of meat, so don’t forget to buy halal rib-eye steak online. We deliver it fresh straight to your door so there’s no need to try and hunt it down yourself.